April 6, 2011

Couture


I love magazines. I recently picked up a French magazine (L'Officiel 1000 Models) full of couture collections by John Galliano, Valentino, Chanel, Dior, Givenchy, Maurizio Galante, Elie Saab and many many more! It is bursting with runway photos of the Spring/Summer 2011 shows, and I was completely blown away with all the intricate and ethereal designs. I even found some new designers to love, notably Elexis Mabille. There were so many gorgeous dresses that I had to buy this $30 magazine... (ouch!) Expensive, but it was definitely worth it! The whole edition has given me so much inspiration, so I'll be happily working away on some new illustrations!

The above drawing was done a few months ago, but was also inspired by another fashion magazine. The colour reminds me of the ocean. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment