March 28, 2011

Photo Inspiration ~ Books & Things


Long post for today! I was organizing my closet this afternoon and suddenly got motivated to take some pictures.

I got these antique books from my grandfather, some of which are over 300 years old. I just love them! I think most of the books are in German, at least one is French, and one of them might be Hungarian... The small gold book with the red Vita Del P. Paolo written on the spine was printed in 1646! The red one is also pretty old, from 1767. And the black prayer book with the leather cover is dated 1812, and has some beautiful letterpress engravings. One of the books even has a Tolkien-style map folded at the back. When I first discovered that I was fascinated... I am a geek for anything to do with letterpress or typography. :)

The necklaces I made myself from various beads and suede leather (except the gold heart one). Recently I bought the soaps at a local gift shop. I thought the packaging was gorgeous, and immediately wanted to take pictures of them. I keep them in a large tin on my dresser.

So there you go. Hope you enjoy the pictures. :)

1 comment:

  1. I love these beautiful things! What a treasure to have those books. And your drawings further down are lovely too!

    ReplyDelete