January 4, 2012

Tribal Inspirations


The thumbnail drawings and the larger african character have nothing to do with each other, but I just felt like putting them together to make a more colourful image. The smaller dudes are quick character concepts for a fictional indonesian/javanese/possibly indian character for one of my concept classes. Loving the colours!

The african girl is for an anatomy project, so this was just a quick (very 2d) thumbnail to see what kind of costume she should wear before I go into intricate detail for the final piece. She's a mix of different tribes, so entirely fictional and the costume is not completely accurate, for now. This is game arts after all! I figured since she won't be weighed down by too many garments, so perfect for anatomy. I'm working on some random tribesmen as well. Need to explore more shapes and body sizes...

No comments:

Post a Comment